NO MORE EXCUSES!
Labor unions representing nurses, teachers and millions of other frontline workers have joined with environmental groups to demand that the Trump administration take emergency action to provide adequate masks, gloves and other personal protective equipment to these essential workers.
JOIN THE ACTION.
GET THE TOOLKIT. SPREAD THE WORD.
READ THE PETITION.
Filed on 8/11/2020
About This Campaign
Essential workers are at the frontlines of battling the COVID-19 pandemic and shouldering the country’s entire survival. Employers continue to put the lives of frontline workers at risk to care for COVID-19 patients and deliver the essential services upon which the entire country relies. The consequences of the PPE shortages are fatal for frontline workers.
The Labor Network for Sustainability, along with labor unions and environmental groups, have signed a legal petition drafted by the Center for Biological Diversity, which demands that Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf act immediately to ensure the manufacture and distribution of adequate personal protective equipment (PPE). The Trump administration has refused to properly manage PPE production and distribution, leaving states and industry to compete and frontline workers short of supplies.
- Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU)
- American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO)
- American Federation of Teachers (AFT
- American Postal Workers Union (APWU)
- Association of Flight Attendants (AFA)
- Communications Workers of America (CWA)
- Maine American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (Maine AFL-CIO)
- National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA)
- National Nurses United (NNU)
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Transport Workers Union of America (TWU)
- The United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America (UE)
- Alliance of Nurses for Health Environments (AHNE)
- Center for Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Center for Popular Democracy (CPD)
- Earth Action, Inc.
- Fayetteville Police Accountability Community Taskforce
- Fire Drill Fridays
- Friends of the Earth (FOE)
- Labor Network for Sustainability (LNS)
- National Children’s Campaign
- Oil Change International
- Sunrise Movement
- The Climate Center
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- US Climate Action Network (USCAN)