“Transform, Heal, and Renew by Investing in a Vibrant Economy” – the initials spell THRIVE. It’s a new economic renewal plan recently endorsed by the Labor Network for Sustainability. It provides a bold and forward-looking agenda to address the interlocking issues of racist policy, global pandemic, and ongoing climate crisis.
The THRIVE Agenda has been endorsed by the following labor unions:
- Amalgamated Transit Union
- American Federation of Teachers
- American Postal Workers Union
- Association of Flight Attendants-Communications Workers of America
- Communications Workers of America
- Service Employees International Union
- United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America
The THRIVE Agenda is an economic renewal plan that lays out eight pillars to put millions of people back to work, building a more just, healthy, and equitable society. The Agenda will:
- Create millions of good, safe jobs with access to unions.
- Build the power of workers to fight inequality.
- Invest in Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities.
- Strengthen and heal the nation-to-nation relationship with sovereign Native nations.
- Combat environmental injustice and ensure healthy lives for all.
- Avert climate and environmental catastrophe.
- Ensure fairness for workers and communities affected by economic transitions.
- Reinvest in public institutions that enable workers and communities to thrive.
The THRIVE Agenda was created by the Green New Deal Network and endorsed by more than 250 labor, climate justice and civil rights organizations.