The Blue-Green Alliance, which unites large labor and environmental organizations, recently released the statement “Solidarity for Climate Action” calling for
Rapid GHG emissions reductions—based on the latest science and in line with our fair share—which would put America on a pathway of reducing its emissions to net zero emissions by 2050.
The urgency required to stave off the worst impacts of climate change requires that by 2030 we are solidly on a path to net zero emissions.
The BlueGreen Alliance includes some of the U.S.’s largest labor unions, including:
- United Steelworkers (USW)
- Communications Workers of America (CWA)
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA).
- American Federation of Teachers (AFT)
- United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters (UA)
- International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation workers (SMART)
- International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (BAC)
It also includes large environmental organizations, including:
- Sierra Club
- Natural Resources Defense Council (NDRC)
- National Wildlife Federation (NWF)
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- Environmental Defense Action Fund
- League of Conservation Voters