The Labor Network for Sustainability’s seventh Transit Equity Day will be on Saturday, February 4, 2023 at Noon EST. It will be carried on the Transit Equity Network YouTube page. We would love for you to join us.
Our message for Transit Equity Day hasn’t changed. We believe that EVERYONE has a right to a public mass transit system that is:
- Environmentally Sustainable
- Fair and just for those who don’t own or cannot access a private vehicle
- Union Strong and Supported
- Properly Funded by Local, State, and the Federal Government
The Transit Equity Network is made up of many different transit advocates, transit labor unions, and environmental justice groups that want to help public transit become a standard in America and beyond.
We cannot continue to go year after year through the most heinous natural disasters caused by climate change knowing that changing the way we travel can be a start of a solution to reducing carbon emissions. Transit Equity Day and the Transit Equity Network aim to do just that. Your action on Transit Equity Day doesn’t have to be huge, it just has to make an impact.
If you’d like to join this space, please follow our linktree to all of the links for Transit Equity Day 2023 including:
- Registration page for your Transit Equity Day 2023 Action
- The Transit Equity Network YouTube Page
- The Transit Equity Day Organizing Toolkit
- Social Media Amplification Tools
- Transit Equity Day Presentation PDF
For more information, visit www.labor4sustainability.org/transit-equity-2023