LNS is enlarging the scope of “climate workers,’ such as railroaders and transit workers, to lift-up the importance of investing in the transit workforce to create good jobs for operators and maintenance workers as we transition to clean energy transit systems. This year, our acclaimed Transit Equity Day (TED) included more than 60 cities. You may recall that Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg and Federal Transit Administrator Nuria Fernandez declared February 4 as Transit Equity Day. We are gearing up TED actions now for 2023!
Here are some ways to get involved for #TransitEquityDay2023:
- For more information, visit www.labor4sustainability.org/transit-equity-2023
- Click HERE to register an event on February 4, 2023
- Click HERE to sponsor Transit Equity Day
- Click HERE to sign up for the Transit Equity Network, a Google group where we’ll plan the events and get you plugged in.
- Email Bakari at [email protected] with any questions